Unit 9 / Personal Statment




Personal Statment 



I am Megan Bennett i am 17 years old and currently living in Tunbridge Wells in Kent and studying at West Kent College, I am applying for the 2nd year of the Level 3 Photography course, I am applying to this course to finish the qualification and hopefully get a pass or above in the end of it. The subject photography has always interested me because it gives you freedom to create your own work and have independence.  I enjoy learning new things to do with photography and getting more experience for work in later jobs. I think I am suitable for this course because I have completed the first year and want to widen my knowledge and understanding of the course and I feel by doing the second year I will be able to do this. I also think I am suitable for this course because I am creative and have some original ideas but I am also able to copy and develop other people’s ideas as well.  My current studies do relate to this course and I need them to make it. One of my main hobbies is photography and I have also done a few photo shoots for people to give myself experience. I enjoy the challenges that this course has given me and it has given e the time and space i need to improve my photography but also my written work. I have a range of skills that will help me in the second year of this course such as photoshop and light room work also a lot more knowledge on doing research and photographers that inspire me and that have had a big impact on everyone in the photography business. i have an interest in going to university as it will help me in the long run and with my career. By doing the second year of this course i am giving myself the opportunity to go to university and pursue a career in this subject. i feel like i have great people skills and i am able to work in a group but on the other hand i am able to work independently and solve most problems that i am faced with, this course has helped me with my social skills as i am always working around people and discussing work with them. i love the idea that every photograph has its own story and can been seen in many different ways by each person, i also feel like photography brings people together. There are so many opportunities in this subject and i would love to experience them.

Comments